To register several entries of the same type from a file:
- Navigate to the relevant collection (e.g. Lab Instruments).
- Select Batch Register Objects from the More drop-down menu (see figure above)
- Select the Object type (Instrument in this case).Preview Changes (opens in a new tab)
- Download the template file and fill in the relevant information.
- Upload the file.
Rules to follow to fill in the template .tsv file
- Identifiers are given by /SPACE/PROJECT/OBJECT_CODE, e.g /MATERIALS/EQUIPMENT/INS1. Users can provide their own identifiers, or these can be automatically generated by openBIS.
- To have identifiers automatically generated by openBIS, completely remove the identifier column from the file.
- Lists. In fields that have lists to choose from (called Controlled Vocabularies), the code of the term needs to be entered. Term codes can be seen under Utilities -> Vocabulary Browser.
- Parents. Use the following syntax to enter parents: identifier1, identifier2, identifier3.
- Parents annotations. Use the following syntax to annotate parents: identifier:xxx;COMMENTS:xxxx\identifier:yyy;COMMENTS:yyyy. Where COMMENTS is the property used for the annotation in this case (to be replaced with the actual property used).