Create a new Lab Notebook Space from the ELN UI
From openBIS version 20.10.4 it is possible to create Spaces directly from the ELN interface. To create a new Space under the Inventory:
- Select Lab Notebook in the main menu
- Click on +New Space in the Lab Notebook page
3. Enter the Code for the Space. Please note that codes only accept alphanumeric characters, –, . , _.
In a multi-group instance, the Instance admin can choose where to create a new Space:
- no group. The new Space will have no prefix and the Settings defined in General Settings will apply (see General ELN Settings).
- in one of the existing groups. The new Space will have the group prefix and the Settings of that group will apply (see Group ELN Settings).
Use cases where this could be useful:
- in a multi-group instance with user folders in the Lab Notebook it is desired to have in addition some Spaces that are not linked to a particular user, but maybe rather to some projects.
- in a multi-group instance it is not at all desired to have the lab notebooks organised by users, but rather by projects. A system admin can configure the user management config file not to create users folders in the lab notebook section (see Multi group instances).
The rights for Spaces not belonging to any group need to be manually assigned by an Instance admin.
Create a new Lab Notebook Space from the core UI
In the core UI:
- Select Admin -> Spaces
- Click Add Space at the bottom of the page
- Enter the Space Code, e.g. EQUIPMENT
By default all Spaces created in the core UI are shown under the Lab Notebook part of the ELN UI.