Create a new Lab Notebook Space from the ELN UI
From openBIS version 20.10.4 it is possible to create Spaces directly from the ELN interface. To create a new Space under the Inventory:
- Select Lab Notebook in the main menu
- Click on +New Space in the Inventory page
3. Enter the Code for the Space, e.g. EQUIPMENT. Please note that codes only accept alphanumeric characters, –, . , _.
In a multi-group instance, the Instance admin can choose where to create a new Space:
- no group. The new Space will have no prefix and the Settings defined in General Settings will apply.
- in one of the existing groups. The new Space will have the group prefix and the Settings of that group will apply.
Create a new Lab Notebook Space from the core UI
In the core UI:
- Select Admin -> Spaces
- Click Add Space at the bottom of the page
- Enter the Space Code, e.g. EQUIPMENT
By default all Spaces created in the core UI are shown under the Lab Notebook part of the ELN UI.