For certain fields, it is possible to enable the use of a Rich Text Editor (RTE) or a spreadsheet component. Instance admin rights are necessary for this.
The RTE can be enabled for properties of type MULTILINE_VARCHAR. The spreadsheet component can be enabled for properties of type XML.
- Properties are defined when creating new entity types (Datasets, Objects, Experiments/Collections)
- To set a property as RTE or spreadsheet go to the Settings, under Utilities
- Enable editing and scroll down to the Custom Widgets section
- Click the + button on the same line as Property Type and Widget, as shown below
- A new field will appear where you can select the property type and the widget. Choices are: Word Processor (=RTE) or Spreadsheet.