In a multi-group instance an Instance admin can customise the General ELN Settings.
The General ELN Settings consist of two parts:
- Instance Settings. These settings affect the whole instance, it is not possible to customise them on a group level.
- Group Settings. These settings affect all general Spaces that do not belong to any group defined in the configuration file (see openBIS set up for multi group instances). This is the case, for example, if Spaces are manually created and they do not belong to any group (see Create new ELN Spaces).
- Custom widgets. This section allows to enable the Rich Text Editor or Spreadsheet component for a given field, as described in Enable Rich Text Editor or Spreadsheet Widgets;
- Forced Monospace Font. This section allows to force the use of monospace font (i.e. fixed width) for selected MULTILINE_VARCHAR properties. This is useful for example for plasmid sequences.
- Dataset types for filenames. This section allows to associate files with a given extension to a specific dataset type, as described in Associate File Types to Dataset Types.
- Storages. In this section the storages for samples to be used in Spaces not belonging to any predefined group, can be created, as described in Configure Lab Storage;
- Templates. In this section, the templates for a given Object type to be used in Spaces not belonging to any predefined group can be created, as described in Create Templates for Objects;
- Object types definition extension. In this section, it is possible to:
- Define if one Object type is a protocol. If an Object type is defined as a protocol, it is possible to create a local copy of it under an Experiment, when linking to it as a parent, as described in Enable Protocols in Settings;
- Enable the storage widget for an Object type, as described in Enable Storage Widget on Sample Forms
- Define if the Object type should be shown in drop downs, as described in Enable Objects in dropdowns;
- Define if the Object type should be shown in the main menu under the Lab notebook section. By default objects are not shown in the main menu in the Inventory section.
- Customise the Parents and Children sections for an Object type as described in Customise Parents and Children Sections in Object Forms;
- Inventory Spaces. It is possible to move Spaces from the Inventory section to the Lab notebook section and vice-versa as described in Move Spaces between Lab Notebook and Inventory
- Main menu. The main menu for the Spaces that do not belong to any predefined group can be customised here, as described in Customise the Main Menu;
- Miscellaneous. In this section it is possible to:
- Show the dataset archiving buttons in Spaces that do not belong to any predefined group. Archiving to Strongbox needs to be available on the system and this is set up by a system admin.
- Hide sections by default in Spaces that not belong to any predefined group. By default some sections in some forms are hidden:
- Description in Spaces and Projects.
- Identification info in Spaces, Projects, Experiments, Objects, Datasets.
By unchecking this option, these sections will be shown by default.