With openBIS version 20.10.5 it is possible to export masterdata from one openBIS instance and import it in another one via the admin UI.
All types tables (Object Types, Collection Types, Dataset Types, Vocabulary Types, Property Types) can now be exported as shown below for the Object Types.
When you export you can choose to export:
- Rows: current page or all pages;
- Include dependencies: yes or no. If you include dependencies, all property types, vocabularies and associated objects are also exported. Default is “yes”.
If the types have validation plugins or dynamic script plugins associated with them, a zip file containing the scripts is exported from openBIS.
To import the file with the relevant masterdata that was exported as explained above:
- Go to the Tools section and select Import -> All from the menu.
- Upload the file you exported before using the CHOOSE FILE button.
- Select one of the 3 possible options for the Update mode:
- Fail if exists: if some entries already exist in openBIS, the upload will fail;
- Ignore if exists: if some entries already exist in openBIS, they will be left untouched, even if their definition in the file is different from the existing definition in openBIS;
- Update if exists: if some entries already exist in openBIS and their definition in the file is different from the existing definition in openBIS, they will be updated;
Please note that the import of the zip files containing scripts is currently not supported, but this is planned for a future openBIS release. Only exported Excel files can currently be imported.